The official site of the Fantasy Bishball League.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mighty Mitres Week 14

Many thanks and felicitous salutations to the kind Larry for allowing me a bit of extra time with my post.  We have been slammed around our house what with moving furniture, sanding and sealing the floor, working on my Etsy sale items,  finishing up our pond (it has water now and I get to start the landscaping), having two weekend daylily sales, and the usual everyday stuff that continues no matter what else you have to do.  When do I get to retire??

Bishop Etienne:

Two blog posts

Bishop Cordileone:

MIA

Bishop Conley...

is in Madrid for World Youth Day which should qualify him for at least a gazillion points.  I've taken bus loads of kids to ICYC (Idaho Catholic Youth Conference) and allow me to say it is beyond hard work.   I can't imagine taking a huge group to Madrid. 

Live from Madrid, Spain. Special Edition of ‘Life on the Rock’, talk show where hosts Fr. Mark Mary and Doug Barry will give viewers some insights into the upcoming World Youth Day. Broadcasting from the Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid. Scheduled guests include Bishop James Conley, the Auxiliary Bishop of Denver
The Camino de Santiago is an ancient pilgrimage route across northern Spain, ending in Compostela, the site of St. James the Greater’s relics (bones). St James was buddies with Jesus, he even was published in the Bible, he’s kind of a big deal. Because he is a big deal, millions of pilgrims have traversed the globe to walk the Camino de Santiago, ending at the tomb of St. James. The traditional route begins in France and is around 500 miles of grueling mountain passes and wide open plains. However, as our fearless leader, the one and only Jason Wunsch once said, “The beginning of the Camino is from your front door.” Our group, led by Bishop James Conley of Denver, will traverse the last 100 miles of the Camino in 5 days.
 Best I could do in my state of utter exhaustion is 4 points.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!  I need to get more organized!





No comments:

Post a Comment