Okay, managers - need your input on this. I've gotten emails from a couple managers requesting a change to the draft day and time. At the risk of making this sound like a parish council meeting (ick! ack! ugh!), I'd like everyone's opinion on what will work best.
But let's bear in mind a few things:
1) Not everyone resides in the same time zone - a few are in the east, but we've got a couple way out west - the Grand Duchess of Idaho (Adrienne) and Klondike Joe up in Alaska are two I know of for sure. There are a few in CST-ville as well.
2) I think the draft will work best if it's done at once and not stretched over a long period of time, like a whole day or something. I've been looking at the "Cover It Live" site - recommended by Dr K - and it looks perfect for what we're trying to do. It's basically a live blogging tool, where you have one moderator (myself, I guess), and everyone else participates by typing in their comments. This way we can go through the draft sequence rather easily. I really don't see this taking longer than an hour, at the outside.
3) Running the draft directly through the blog seems cumbersome to me, requiring continuous checking of the comments to see if the person ahead of you has made their selection.
Now - for me, late evening (post 9 PM EST) works best, because the kids are in bed, and all's quiet in the castle. Any night this upcoming weekend is no problem-o for me.
We've got 10 managers - if 7 or 8 can make one particular time, then I suggest that's when we hold the draft. For those unable to attend, there are several options available, some of which are:
1) Find a proxy who can sit in for you.
2) Ask another manager who you think is trustworthy to select for you. I'm volunteering to handle another manager's draft - don't worry, I won't pick Hubbard, Clark or Mahony!
3) You relinquish your draft position and select whomever is available once the draft is concluded, when you have the time. That's a bit more chance-y than having someone pick for you, I think.
Any other ideas or suggestions?
BTW - Scott left a good reminder on an earlier post - you only pick ONE bishop when it's your turn in the draft, not all three. Just in case anyone was unsure of the process here.
Please respond as soon as you can via the combox. Thanks all!
And go Croziers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE: Scott sent me an email with a sensible suggestion - I cut and pasted it in the combox. Please read and comment on it. Thanks!