The official site of the Fantasy Bishball League.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Play Ball!!

Okay, sports fans - anyone who's interested in playing give me an affirmative in the combox on or before April 29. Based on the interest level back at AoftheA, I think there's enough people who want to play.

Submit your team names as soon as you come with one. I'm going with The Crusading Croziers.

Sunday May 8 2011 is Draft Day for the inaugural season of Fantasy Bishball, with the season opener the week of May 15th. The draft will have to be coordinated at a specific time on May 8 (probably late evening, 11:00 PM EST or so) and will most likely be run through a site called Cover It Live (courtesy of Dr K, over at the Cleansing Fire blog). If you already know you won't be available on that date...well, I think it's going to be hard to find one day at one time that everyone will be able to attend. I don't think it will take all that long - teams will be 4 bishops at most, maybe only 3 depending on how many participants there are. So - check your calendars and see if you can make that date and time. If you can't, try and find a proxy to do your draft.

I hope to have a list of all active North American bishops published beforehand for everyone's convenience.

Draft order will be published on or before April 30th.

Also - all league members will have publishing access to Fantasy Bishball. In case you want to talk smack, y'know?

I'm still figuring out the best scoring system. There might not be a best way, and we'll just have to make it up as we go. Any reasonable ideas will be considered. The main thing is to keep it simple and fun.

I'm figuring the season will last until the end of Ordinary Time. Seems as good a time as any.

17 comments:

  1. I'm up for this, and I'll use the same name as my fantasy baseball team: The Pertinacious Papists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm calling my boys the Heresy Hunters. Woo-hoo! Go HH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mighty Mitres - queuing up for the battle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My team name will be Küng's Bane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In.
    Adrienne stole one of my name ideas.

    So I am going with: The Vicious Vicars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Folks - if you want to have 'permission' to post at Fantasy Bishball, send me your email address so I can add you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I'm in! Don't know what to call the team yet... How do I send the email privately?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can email me at lgd0708(at)aol(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in...they shall be called the Zealous Zuchettos! (Double-Z)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Joe

    Stole? STOLE?

    Aren't those rather strong words for the team manager of bunch of holy bishops?

    Besides, we don't know exactly what time each of us came up with that name so maybe I saved you from stealing from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure our local hockey team won't mind, so I lay claim to "The Dubuque Fighting Saints". (I resisted the temptation to go with the Midwest HS Hockey League team, "The Dubuque Devils".) Not so sure about being able to use the team logo though.

    http://www.ushl.com/news/img/Dubuque-web2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Larry. I'll email you if it's not too late.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denita - it's not too late. You have until the 29th to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Larry. I see you have already put my Purple Padres on the roster. I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adrienne: Cmon - smack talk is half the fun... right ? ;)

    ReplyDelete